"Manhattan" is a work from of my Torn series which began with the idea of repurposing photographs and assorted papers and textiles. With this image, I ripped up remnants of city photographs that I had previously shot on the streets of New York.
I then photographed the raw media to alter perception through the weaving of shadow and light.
This series won an international photography award in Tokyo, Japan.
“Manhattan is basically this island in New York, where all the cool stuff is located.”
~ Jason Medina
- Original photographic print on Fuji High Definition Crystal Professional Archive Maxima paper, providing exceptional longevity.
- Mounted on ⅛” (3mm) aluminum dibond using a triple-layered composite material, that ensures stability while maintaining a low weight (see photo).
- UV protective film overlay with matte finish to prevent fading.
- Optional custom handmade solid wood floater frame. A 0.28" gap between the picture and the frame gives the picture the appearance of floating. Add approximately 1.5” to height and 1.5” to width, to determine outside frame dimensions.
- Gallery quality presentation.
- Integrated wall-mounts arrive ready to hang easily and securely. Unframed pieces use float mount aluminum rails, which create the illusion the artwork is floating on the wall.
- Limited edition of 10 each size.
- Numbered and signed Certificate of Authenticity included.
- Each original piece brings an understated elegance to your work or home environment.
- Please note: Artwork shown on the walls in these pictures is not to scale and is for display purposes only.
Custom requests always considered. email